The Lenovo S860 is a mid-range phablet released by Lenovo back in May this year. The device rocks a 5.3″ HD display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core chipset along with 1GB of RAM onboard. Other key specs include a 16GB internal storage, microSD slot, 8MP rear camera, 1.3MP front camera, 4,000mAh battery, as well as Android 4.2 Jelly Bean running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Lenovo S860 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Lenovo S860 in less than an hour using a one-click-root program called vroot.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Lenovo S860
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Lenovo S860 phablet.
- Back up your Lenovo S860 phablet.
Follow the steps below on how to root Lenovo S860
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Lenovo S860 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Lenovo S860.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The device will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Lenovo S860!