The Lenovo P780 is a mid-range Android smartphone released back in June last year, spotting a 5-inch HD display powered by 1.2 GHz quad-core Mediatek chipset. Although there’s nothing really special about the Lenovo P780, but it has been one of the best selling smartphone for the Chinese manufacturer after being popularize by NBA superstar Kobe Bryant. If you happen to own this sleek device and is getting bored of its UI, you may want to consider flashing custom ROMs on it. But before you can do so, you will first have to gain root-access to the device. In this tutorial, we will be guiding you how to root Lenovo P780 so that you can get the best out of it.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Lenovo P780
- Download the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v33 to your PC.
- Do ensure that your battery level is at least 80% full.
- Make sure you have backed up the Lenovo P780.
Follow the steps below on how to root Lenovo P780
- Extract the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v33 to a folder on your desktop.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device’s settings.
- Connect the Lenovo P780 to your PC.
- From the extracted folder, Run the RunMe.bat file by double-clicking on it.
- Choose the first option on the program.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Lenovo P780.
To confirm you have successfully rooted the Lenovo P780, you can download the Root Checker app to have a check. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!