The LG G Flex is a high-end Android smartphone announced by LG back in October last year. The device comes with a 6 inches curved P-OLED display which run on the latest Snapdragon 800 chipset. If you have rooted an Android smartphone before, you may realized that it isn’t easy to root a device running on a Qualcomm processor as compared to those running on Mediatek. However thanks to autoprime from xda-developers, we’re now able to root LG G Flex easily using a one-click-root program especially for the device. If you’re interested, feel free to read on to find out how to root LG G Flex in less than an hour!
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
This procedure only works for the following variants : AT&T D950 (Android 4.2.2), D955, D958, D959, F340 and Sprint LS995. Please comment below this post if you’re not sure of your device is being supported.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting LG G Flex
- Download the ioroot22.zip to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary device driver on your PC.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings (But before you can do that, go to Settings > About > Software Information > Tap on the build number until it tells you you are now a developer.)
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery remaining in your smartphone.
- Back up the LG G Flex.
Follow the steps below on how to root LG G Flex
- Connect the LG G Flex to your PC. Your PC must be able to detect your device before you proceed with the rest of the steps.
- Extract the ioroot22.zip to a folder on your desktop.
- Inside the extracted folder, double-click on the root.bat to begin rooting LG G Flex.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the rooting process.
- When asked to install Superuser package, you should click on Accept.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted LG G Flex!