The Micromax Canvas 2.2 A114 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Micromax back in mid-December last year. The Micromax Canvas 2.2 comes with a 5 inches qHD display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM. Running in the background is the Android 4.2 OS. Like any other Android smartphones, the Micromax Canvas 2.2 can be rooted as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you on how to root Micromax Canvas 2.2 A114 using vroot – a one click root program for Android devices.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Micromax Canvas 2.2 A114
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Back up the Micromax Canvas 2.2.
Follow the steps below on how to root Micromax Canvas 2.2 A114
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon.
- Once done, open the program on your PC.
- Connect the Micromax Canvas 2.2 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- From the program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting the device.
- You’ll be prompted once your device has been rooted.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Micromax Canvas 2.2 A114!