Rooting an Android smartphone will allow users to further customize the device by installing custom ROMs as well as recovery on it. Thanks to the folks from xda-developers, its now rather easy to root a device using various one-click root software. In this tutorial, I will be guiding you on how to root Micromax Canvas Turbo Mini using the Boromir exploit in the Framaroot app. If you’re interested, then read on to find out how!
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Micromax Canvas Turbo Mini
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your device before moving on.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up your Micromax Canvas Turbo Mini smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Micromax Canvas Turbo Mini
- Connect the Micromax Canvas Turbo Mini to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk (which you have downloaded earlier) from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Launch the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Launch the Framaroot app on your Micromax Canvas Turbo Mini.
- On the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option from the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Boromir exploit. ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work )
- Once you’re done, you should see a pop-up like the one above on your screen. If not, you may have probably missed out one of the steps above.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Micromax Canvas Turbo Mini!
That’s all you have to do to root Micromax Canvas Turbo Mini. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!