The Oppo Neo 7 is a budget Android smartphone released by Chinese smartphone giant Oppo back in October 2015. The device comes in both a 3G version as well as a 4G version where the former runs on the MTK6582 SoC while the latter runs on the Snapdragon 410 SoC.
Like most other Android smartphones , we can root Oppo Neo 7 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Oppo Neo 7 using the Oppo Tools app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Oppo Neo 7
- Download the OppoTool apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Oppo Neo 7 smartphone to your Google account.
Follow the steps below on how to root Oppo Neo 7
- Connect the Oppo Neo 7 to your PC using a USB cable.
- Copy the OppoTool apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the OppoTool apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the OppoTool app and tap on the Root button.
- Next up, tap on the One Key Root button to begin rooting Oppo Neo 7.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Oppo Neo 7!