The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra is a mid-range Android phablet announced by Sony back in January this year. The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra features a 6 inch HD display powered by a quad-core snapdragon 400 chipset and 1GB RAM. Like any other Sony smartphone, we can root Sony Xperia T2 Ultra rather easily as well. However, do take note that this procedure is slightly more time-consuming as there isn’t any one-click-root program available for the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra. If you’re interested, read on to find out how to root Sony Xperia T2 Ultra!
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
- Download the following files : 1) T2U_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-253_v01.img, 2) adb-fastboot-files.rar, 3)UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip.
- Make sure you have unlocked the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra bootloader. Click here to find out how.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Make sure you have at least 80% battery on your device.
- Back up the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra.
*You have to first flash a custom recovery on your device before you can proceed to root it. So do the skip the first section below!
Follow the steps below on how to install CWM recovery on Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
- Extract the adb-fastboot-files.rar file to a folder on your desktop.
- Place the T2U_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-253_v01.img file to the extracted folder and rename it as boot.img.
- Boot the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra into Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up while connecting it to your PC with a USB cable. Once done, the LED will turn blue.
- Connect the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next up, navigate to the folder which you have extracted the Fastboot file. Once inside, hold on the SHIFT key on your keyboard and right-click your mouse to open a Command Prompt.
- Type the following command into the Command Prompt
fastboot flash boot boot.img
This will flash the boot.img on your device.
- Once done, reboot your the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra into recovery by typing the following into the Command Prompt
- Your device will now reboot.
- You can now boot your device into recovery mode.]
Follow the steps below on how to root Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
- Copy the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip file from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Switch off your device.
- Boot the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra into recovery mode. This can be done by turning on your device and once the LED notification light turn either pink or other colors, press the Volume Down buttons a couple of times.
- You may want to make a Nandroid backup from the recovery.
- Select Install zip > choose zip from sdcard > browse to the location where you have placed the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip file.
- Once the installation is done, select the reboot system now option from the recovery menu.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Sony Xperia T2 Ultra.
That’s all you have to do to root Sony Xperia T2 Ultra. Now, you’re free to install custom ROMs as well as recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!