If you’d ever rooted a Sony smartphone before, then you should know how cumbersome the whole process can be. The most tedious part of all is to unlock the device’s bootloader before you can proceed with the rest of the procedure. However, thanks to zxz0O0 from xda-developers, we can now root Sony Xperia Z2 easily using the Easy Root Tool without the need to unlock its bootloader. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on exactly how to root Xperia Z2 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Sony Xperia Z2
- Download the Easy Root Tool on your PC and extract it to a folder on your desktop.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > About Phone > Click 7 times on the Android Build.
- Enable Unknown Sources option from your device’s Security Settings.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary driver on your PC before you proceed.
Follow the steps below on how to root Sony Xperia Z2
- Connect the Xperia Z2 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- On the extracted folder, look for the install.bat file and double-click on it to run the program.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to begin rooting your Xperia Z2 smartphone.
- Once done, unplug your device and have it rebooted.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Xperia Z2!