The Lava Iris 405 was released back in December last year, spotting a 4-inch 480p display powered by a 1GHz dual-core chipset and 512MB RAM. Like most other Lava smartphones, the Lava Iris 405 is also another budget handset released by the Indian manufacturer at a price of just $100 – making it a popular model among the lower end Android smartphones. If you so happen to own this device and wants to tweak it a little, then we would recommend you to root the device as it’ll allow you to install custom ROMs and other root-only apps on it. If you have no idea how to do so, then follow this step by step tutorial on how to root the Lava Iris 405 using the Framaroot app.
Before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Lava Iris 405
- Download the Framaroot apk and place it on your desktop.
- Connect the Lava Iris 405 to your PC using a USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk that you have downloaded to your PC over to your device’s SD card.
- Go to your device’s security settings and make sure that the Unknown Sources option has been checked.
- On your device, open the file explorer app ( either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk.
- Open the Framaroot app on the Lava Lris 405.
- From the Select an action to execute after root section, select Install Superuser.
- Since you device is running on a Mediatek chipset, tap on either the Boromir / Faramir option under the list of expliots.
- Once a success pop-up like the one appears on your screen, reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Lava Iris 405.
If you can’t decide whether to root your device or not, you may want to take a look at the Why should I root or not root my Android handset page as well. Should there be any problem during the process, do comment below the post so we can help you.