The Lava Iris N400 is a low-end Android smartphone released by Indian smartphone manufacturer Lava back in May last year. Like the Lava 405, the Lava Iris N400 comes with a 5-inch 480p display powered by a 1 GHz dual-core chipset and 512MB RAM – good enough for average Android users. As expected, the device also comes with a cheap price tag of just $100 making it a popular budget smartphone in the Indian market. If you happens to own this device and is hopeful to speed up its processing power a bit, then you’re definitely at the right place. In this tutorial, we will be guiding you on how to root Lava Iris N400 which will allow you to overclock its processor.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Lava Iris N400
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Do ensure that your battery level is at least 80% full.
- Back up your device to an external source ( it’s a good practice ).
Follow the steps below on how to root Lava Iris N400
- Connect the Lava Iris N400 to your PC.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC over to your device’s SD card.
- Make sure you have already checked the Unknown Sources option in your device’s security settings, if not you will be unable to install the Framaroot apk.
- On your device, open the file explorer app ( either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk.
- Launch the Framaroot app on your Lava Iris N400.
- From the Select an action to execute after root section, select the Install Superuser option.
- Moving on to the second section, select either the Boromir or Faramir exploit from the list.
- After that you should be able to see a pop-up like the one above to show up on the screen.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Lava Iris N400 .