The Lenovo A516 is another budget Android smartphone released by the Chinese company during the Q3 last year, spotting a 4.5-inch 480p display powered by a 1.3 GHz dual-core processor and 512MB RAM. Coming with a price tag of just $130, the Lenovo A516 is no doubt one of the most popular low-end Android device in the developing market. If you happen to own this device, then you may want to consider rooting it to give it some extra power as well as customization. If you’re interested, then read on to find out how to root the Lenovo A516 using the Framaroot app.
Before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Lenovo A516
- Download the Framaroot apk and place it on your desktop.
- Connect the Lenovo A516 to your PC using a USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC over to your device’s SD card.
- Go to your device’s security settings and make sure that the Unknown Sources option has been checked.
- Launch the file explorer app ( Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) on your device and install the Framaroot apk.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Lenovo A516.
- Tap on Install Superuser as shown above.
- Tap on the Boromir or Faramir option on the app.
- You should expect a Success 🙂 pop-up to appear on the program.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Lenovo A516.
All credits goes to the original developers at xda-developers.