The Micromax A111 Canvas Doodle was released back in may this year, along with the Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus. The device is mainly targeted for the budget smartphone market, especially in India. If you happen to own the Micromax A111 Canvas Doodle, you may be glad to hear that it can be easily rooted via the Gandalf exploit using the Framaroot app. Doing so will allow you to install custom ROMs and root-only apps on the device.
Before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Micromax A111 Canvas Doodle
- Download the Framaroot apk and place it on your desktop.
- Connect the Micromax A111 Canvas Doodle to your PC.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Ensure that the Unknown Sources option has been checked in your device’s settings – if its not checked, you will not be able to install any apks outside Google Play.
- Launch your file explorer from your app drawer ( if you do not have one, you can download ES File Explorer from the Play Store ) and install the Framaroot apk from your SD card.
- Open the Framaroot app.
- Select install Superuser.
- Tap on the Gandalf option on the app.
- Wait for a success pop-up to appear on the screen.
- Restart your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Micromax A111 Canvas Doodle.