The Motorola Razr D1 XT914 is a low-end Android smartphone released back in March this year. Like the Motorola Razr D3, this device can also be rooted using the Framaroot app. You can carry out this procedure with or without a PC, but in this tutorial, we’ll guide you how to root the Motorola Razr D1 using a PC.
Before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Motorola Razr D1 XT914
- Download the Framaroot apk to your desktop.
- Connect the Motorola Razr D1 to your PC using a USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Ensure that you have enabled the installation of apks from Unknown Sources from your device’s settings.
- Launch your file explorer from your app drawer ( if you do not have one, you can download ES File Explorer from the Play Store ) and look for the Framaroot apk. Once you’ve found the apk, install it.
- Launch the Framaroot app on your device.
- From the app, tap on Boromir and you should expect a success pop-up being shown up on your device.
- Restart your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Motorola Razr D1 XT914.
Should there be any problem during the rooting process, feel free to comment below the post or visit the developer’s page.