The ZTE Axon Max is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Chinese smartphone giant ZTE back in December 2015. This device not only come with a sleek design, it also comes with a rather affordable price tag, making it one of the most popular mid-range handset in the market.
Like most other Android tablets, we can root ZTE Axon Max rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root ZTE Axon Max using the Towelroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting ZTE Axon Max
- Download the Towelroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the ZTE Axon Max smartphone to your Google account.
Follow the steps below on how to root ZTE Axon Max
- Connect your to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Towelroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Towelroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Towelroot app and tap on the “Make it ra1n” button to begin rooting your device.
- After awhile your device should reboot itself.
- Now, head down to the Play store and install the SuperSU app for your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted ZTE Axon Max!
Now, you’re free to install custom ROMs as well as recovery on the ZTE Axon Max smartphone. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!