Sprint had started to roll out the firmware update for Motorola Photon Q earlier today. Even though it is not the Jelly Bean update which many Photon Q owners have been longing for, but nevertheless it is still a critical update for the device.
- Improved text messaging when requesting usage and upgradeability through Sprint Zone
- Select number of users to access Wi-Fi hotspot
- Random power cycle when using Wi-Fi Direct
- Manually send or auto-sync emails from outbo
- Seamless international text messaging
- Faster launch and playback using the YouTube application
- Improved browsing with Google Chrome for Android Mobile Browser
- Improved MMS functionality
If you have yet to receive the update file, go to Settings > System Updates > Update Motorola Software to manually scan for the update.