The Motorola Droid RAZR HD is no doubt one of the best selling Android smartphone from Verizon. Having an affordable price tag coupled with its high-end specifications, the Droid RAZR HD is an ideal device for those on a tight budget. Like any other Android devices, you also can install countless custom ROMs and other root only applications onto the Droid RAZR HD. However to do so, you must first root the device. So for the benefit of those who’ve no idea what is rooting and how to root, this tutorial will teach you how to root the Motorola Droid RAZR HD XT 925 / XT 926. But before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well ). Make sure you’ve already backup your device!
- Make sure you’ve installed the Motorola Drivers on your PC.
- Download the Rooting Package motofail2go_windows.zip.
- Extract the files to your desktop.
- Connect the Motorola Droid RAZR HD to your PC using a USB cable.
- From the extracted folder, right-click the Run.bat application and run it as administrator.
- Follow the few simple steps on the program.
- Wait a moment for the Droid RAZR HD to reboot… Congratulation you’ve successfully rooted your Motorola Droid RAZR HD XT 925 / XT 926!
Simple isn’t it? Yeah, but even though it is simple, but do be very cautious during the process to ensure your device doesn’t brick by your mistake! Full credit of this procedure goes to these guys from xda-developers! However if you need any help or experience any problem ( device hang, don’t boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post or go directly to their support forum at xda-developers.
In the mean time, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way!