When we talk about budget Android smartphones, there is certainly a few devices that will pop out from our mind, with the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 being one of them. No doubt, the Galaxy Ace 2 is already a rather powerful device to many ordinary users out there. However, isn’t it a waste not to exploit the device even further by rooting it? Today, I have come out with another tutorial on how to root the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 in less than an hour. But before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well ) Please also make sure you’ve already backup your device!
* This procedure works only for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160.
- Download these 3 files – Odin, Root Package and Update Zip.
- Extract all files to your desktop, except the Update Zip.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 to your PC using USB cable, and copy the Update Zip to the root of your SD card.
- Disconnect the Galaxy Ace 2 from your PC.
- Launch the Odin application.
- From the program, click PDA and select CF-Auto-Root-….tar.md5.
- Ensure the Repartition box is unchecked, while both the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes remain checked.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2.
- Reboot the Galaxy Ace 2 into download mode by pressing on the Volume Down key, as well as Home and Power buttons simultaneously for a moment.
- Connect the Galaxy Ace 2 to your PC using a USB cable.
- Click on the start button on the program, and your device will begin rebooting itself.
- Turn off the Galaxy Ace 2 again.
- Reboot the Galaxy Ace 2 into Recovery mode by pressing on the Volume Up key, as well as Home and Power buttons simultaneously for a moment.
- From the screen, select the apply update from sdcard option.
- Select the Update Zip.
- Wait patiently for a moment until it reboots…… Congratulation you’ve successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2!
- It’s time for you to install some custom ROMs on your device!
Simple isn’t it? Yeah, but even though it is simple, but do be very cautious during the process to ensure your device doesn’t brick by your mistake! Full credit of this procedure goes to these guys from xda-developers! However if you need any help or experience any problem ( device hang, don’t boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post or go directly to their support forum at xda-developers.
In the mean time, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way!