The Samsung Galaxy S4 which was released slightly more than a month ago is reported to have more than 6 million pieces being shipped so far according to a Samsung executive. Not only does the Galaxy S4 comes with better hardware, Samsung has also improved its software dramatically, bringing users new features like the S Translator, S Health and many more. However, you’ll not be able to fully exploit the capabilities of the Galaxy S4 without rooting the device itself so that you’re able to install custom ROMs as well as other root-only apps to the device. So for those who’ve no knowledge on rooting, fret not, this tutorial will guide you on how to root the Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 in less than an hour.
However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
- This procedure will only work on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 with firmware version XXUAMD2. Please ensure you’ve also installed the necessary drivers on your PC.
- Download the CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip file.
- Extract the file to your desktop.
- After you’ve extracted, double-click on the Odin3-v1.85.exe
- Click the PDA button in Odin> select CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5 > Click Open.
- Boot the Galaxy S4 i9505 into download mode by holding the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons simultaneously for a moment until the GT-i9505 logo appears on the screen.
- Press the Volume Down button.
- Connect the device to your PC using a USB cable. The first box below the ID:COM should now turned yellow.
- Only Auto Reboot and PDA should be checked.
- Click on the Start button to begin rooting the Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505!
That’s all you need to do! However, if you encounter any any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post so that we’re able to help you!