Being the official smartphone for James Bond’s latest movie Skyfall, the Sony Xperia T is no doubt one of the most popular Android handset in the market today. Though I agree that the Xperia T is already an all rounded by default, but don’t you think it’s a waste not to root the device? This will allow you to install custom ROMs and other root only applications onto the Xperia T, which gives you the chance to further overclock the device as well. So if you’re interested, this tutorial will guide you on how to root the Sony Xperia T in less than a hour. But before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well ). Make sure you’ve already backup your device!
*This procedure works only with a PCs running on Windows OS.
- Download the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18 package.
- Extract the files to your desktop.
- Enable USB Debugging on the Sony Xperia T, by going to Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Connect the Xperia T to your PC using a USB cable.
- Execute the RunMe.bat application.
- On the program, select the Normal Mode option.
- Select the Root option.
- Follow the few simple steps on the program.
- Congratulation you’ve successfully rooted your Sony Xperia T…
- It’s time to flash your favourite ROMs on the device!
Simple isn’t it? Yeah, but even though it is simple, but do be very cautious during the process to ensure your device doesn’t brick by your mistake! Full credit of this procedure goes to these guys from xda-developers! However if you need any help or experience any problem ( device hang, don’t boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post or go directly to their support forum at xda-developers.
In the mean time, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way!