If you happens to own the locked version of the Sony Xperia Z and is planning to root the device, then we’ve got a piece of good news for you! There is now a much easier way for you to root the Xperia Z, without having to unlock the bootloader of the device itself. So if you’re interested, read on this tutorial to find out how to root the Sony Xperia Z in less than an hour.
However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
- Download the rooting script and extract it to your desktop.
- Enable USB Debugging on the Xperia Z. This can be done by going to Settings > Developer Options > Turn on USB Debugging option.
- Ensure that you’ve allowed Unknown Sources on your device by going to Settings > Security > Ensure that the Unknown Sources box is checked.
- Connect the Sony Xperia Z to your PC by using a USB cable.
- Open the rooting script folder that you’ve extracted earlier, and run the Windows Batch ( .bat ) file.
- After the Command Prompt appears, hit the Enter key on your PC and it will begin rooting your device.
- Once it has completed, your device will reboot.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Sony Xperia Z!
Easy isn’t it? However, if you do encounter any any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post so that we’re able to help you! In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way…