Have you rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0? If you’ve do so, the next you will do is probably to flash custom recovery on the tablet so that you can install custom ROMs on it. This is why we’ve written this tutorial on how to flash custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 to guide you through the flashing process.
However before we begin I would like to warn you that while you install custom recovery on the device, there is a risk of brick any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible form your own SD Card.
- Please ensure that you have rooted your Galaxy Note 8.0.
- Download both the CWM Odin package ( download the .tar file from the first post of the forum ) and Odin.
- Extract Odin archive to your desktop.
- Double-click on the Odin.exe program.
- On the interface, click PDA and select the CWM Odin package that was downloaded earlier on.
- Make sure the Repartition option is unchecked, while both the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time remain checked.
- Switch off your device.
- Turn on the device by holding the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together for a moment.
- After its on, quickly press the Volume Up button to boot the Galaxy Note 8.0 into Download mode.
- Connect the tablet to your PC using a USB cable.
- Click on the Start button in Odin to begin flashing the CWM Recovery on your device.
- Once done, reboot the tablet once.
- Congratulation! You’ve just installed a new custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0!
That’s it! You’re now free to install any custom ROMs to your Xperia Z1! But not to forget, remember to visit us for more how to tutorials coming your way!
Related : How to install custom recovery on the Sony Xperia Z1