Want to install custom ROMs on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active? Then you will first have to flash a custom recovery on the device before you can proceed with the installation of custom ROMs. If you’ve no idea how to flash custom recovery on your device, then you’re at the right place. This tutorial will guide you on how to flash custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active.
However before we begin I would like to warn you that while you install custom recovery on the device, there is a risk of brick any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible form your own SD Card.
- Make sure that you’ve rooted the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active.
- Download both the Odin and CWM Recovery.
- Double-click on the Odin.exe program.
- On the interface, click PDA and select the CWM Recovery that was downloaded earlier on.
- Make sure the Repartition option is unchecked, while both the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time remain checked.
- Turn off the device.
- Turn on the device by holding the Volume Down and Power buttons together for a moment.
- After its on, quickly press the Volume Up button to boot the device into Download mode.
- Connect the Galaxy S4 Active to your PC using a USB cable.
- Click on the Start button in Odin to begin flashing the CWM Recovery on your device.
- Once done, your device will automatically reboot.
- Congratulation! You’ve just installed a new custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active!
That’s what it takes to flash custom recovery on the Galaxy S4 Active, easy isn’t it? In the meantime, remember to visit us for more how to tutorials coming your way!
Related : How to flash custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0