Getting bored of the default ROM on your Sony Xperia SP? Not to worry, you can always flash custom ROMs on your Xperia SP after you have rooted the device. But before you can do so, you need complete a simple step which is to flash custom recovery on the device. This tutorial will guide you on how to flash custom recovery on the Sony Xperia SP.
However before we begin I would like to warn you that while you install custom recovery on the device, there is a risk of brick any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible form your own SD Card.
- Ensure that you have already rooted the Sony Xperia SP.
- Download the CWM Recovery.
- Extract the download file to your desktop.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Connect the Xperia SP to your PC using a USB cable.
- Double-click on the install.bat that you have extracted earlier on.
- Follow the instruction from the pop ups.
- Congratulation! You’ve just installed a new custom recovery on the Sony Xperia SP!
That’s what it takes to flash custom recovery on the Sony Xperia SP, easy isn’t it? In the meantime, remember to visit us for more how to tutorials coming your way!