The Alcatel One Touch Fierce is a mid-range Android smartphone introsuced by Alcatel back in October last year. The Alcatel One Touch Fierce boast a 4.5-inch qHD display which runs on a 1.2GHz quad-core chipset along with 1GB RAM. Quite a decent smartphone for a price of just $120.
Like most other Alcatel smartphones, we can root Alcatel One Touch Fierce using the Framaroot app as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Alcatel One Touch Fierce in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Alcatel One Touch Fierce
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery remaining on your Alcatel One Touch Fierce smartphone.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Alcatel One Touch Fierce smartphone to your Google account.
Follow the steps below on how to root Alcatel One Touch Fierce
- Connect the Alcatel One Touch Fierce to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Once done, copy the Framaroot apk over to the root of your device’s microSD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot on your Alcatel One Touch Fierce smartphone and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Alcatel One Touch Fierce.
- You should be able to see a pop-up like the one above once the program has rooted your device.
- Finally, reboot your Alcatel One Touch Fierce smartphone immediately.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Alcatel One Touch Fierce!
- Last but not the least, you should now be able to locate an app called SuperSU from your app drawer.