The HTC Desire 816 is the latest mid-range Android smartphone introduced by HTC back in early March this year. The HTC Desire 600 features an extremely sleek design along with a 5.5 inches HD display which is powered by a Snapdragon 400 chipset and 1.5GB RAM. If you’re one of those who’re very particular about your smartphone design, then the HTC Desire 600 is definitely one of your top choice this year.
Like any other Android smartphones, you can root HTC Desire 816 rather easily as well. All you have to do is to first install the eroot program on your PC. In the following tutorial, I will be showing you guys exactly how to root HTC Desire 816 using the eroot program on Windows based PC.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting HTC Desire 816
- Make sure you have flashed custom recovery on the HTC Desire 816 before moving on. You can click here to find out how to flash custom recovery on HTC Desire 816 if you have not do so.
- Download the root package to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed its device driver on your PC.
- Make sure you have at least 80% battery remaining you on your device.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
Follow the steps below on how to root HTC Desire 816
- Connect the HTC Desire 816 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Extract the root package to a folder on your PC.
- Inside the extracted folder, you will see a file titled HTC 816 4.4.2 SENSE5.5 ROOT.zip. Copy the HTC 816 4.4.2 SENSE5.5 ROOT.zip over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Once done, turn off your device.
- Boot your device into HBOOT mode by pressing the volume down key + power buttons together for a moment. Once inside the HBOOT menu, select the recovery option.
- Next up, select the Install zip file ( second from the top ) option.
- After that, you will browse to the location of the HTC 816 4.4.2 SENSE5.5 ROOT.zip and install it by pressing the Power button.
- Once done, return to the recovery menu and select reboot system now.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted HTC Desire 816!
That’s how you go about to root HTC Desire 816. You may head down here if you want to see the graphical steps for the above procedure ( Please note that its a Chinese website which has been translated to English ). You’re free to install custom ROMs as well as recovery on the HTC Desire 816. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!