The Gionee M2 is a mid-range Android smartphone announced by Gionee back in January earlier this year. The Gionee M2 comes with a 5 inches display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM. Besides having a cheap price tag, one thing we like about the Gionee M2 is that the device can easily be rooted. If you want to root Gionee M2, all you have to do is to download the vroot program. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Gionee M2 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Gionee M2
- Vroot is available only to Windows-based PC. So make sure you have a Windows PC before moving on.
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have not do so, you can head down to Gionee support page and download the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure you have at least 80% battery remaining you on your device.
- Back up the Gionee M2 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Gionee M2
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon.
- Open the vroot program on your PC.
- Connect the Gionee M2 to your PC via a USB cable.
- Your PC should be able to detect your smartphone once its being connected.
- On the program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting the device.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- Your smartphone should automatically be rebooted.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Gionee M2!
Now, you’re free to install custom ROMs as well as recovery on the Gionee M2. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!
wow that works grat. thank you so much