The Cubot S208 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Cubot back in August last year. The Cubot S208 has a sleek design with a 5 inches qHD display. Under the hood is a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM – good enough for most Android users out there. Like most other Cubot smartphones, you can root Cubot S208 quite easily as well. To root Cubot S208, you only have to use one program called vroot. In the following tutorial, I will be showing you exactly how to root Cubot S208 in less than an hour. This procedure works on Windows PC only.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Cubot S208
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure you have at least 80% battery remaining you on your device.
- Back up the Cubot S208 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Cubot S208
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon.
- Launch the vroot program on your PC.
- Connect the Cubot S208 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Make sure your PC has detected your smartphone before moving on.
- On the program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting the device.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- Your device will automatically be rebooted.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Cubot S208!