The HTC One Max is the latest phablet released by the Taiwanese company back in October last year. As you may have already noticed, the HTC One Max actually look quite like the HTC One flagship – except its slightly larger in size. If you happen to own this phablet and wants to get the most out of this device, then you’re at the right place! In this tutorial, we will be teaching you how to root HTC One Max so that you will be able to install custom ROMs and other root-only apps on it.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting HTC One Max
- Make sure you have at least 80% battery left on the HTC One Max.
- Make sure you have unlocked the HTC One Max. If you have not do so, then head down to the HTCDev website to get tyour device unlocked.
- Download the 1) ClockworkMod Recovery Image, 2) Fastboot, 3) SuperSU.
- Turn on USB Debugging on your device by going to Menu > Settings > Developer options > USB debugging.
To root HTC One Max, you must first flash a custom recovery on the device. Follow the steps below on how to flash a recovery image on HTC One Max.
- Extract the Fastboot archive to a folder on your desktop.
- Connect the HTC One Max to your PC using a USB cable.
- Launch the Command Prompt on your PC.
- On the command prompt, type in the following command
adb reboot bootloader
- This will reboot your device into Fastboot mode.
- Once the HTC One Max is in Fastboot mode, type in the following command into the Command Prompt
fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img
where recoveryname.img is the name of the ClockworkMod Recovery Image which you have downloaded earlier on.
- It will take a few minutes to flash the recovery image.
- Once done, reboot your device!
- Well done! You have just flashed a recovery image on HTC One Max!
- Please remember to close the current Command Prompt.
Now, follow the steps below on how to root HTC One Max!
- Copy the SuperSU file from your PC over to the HTC One Max SD card.
- Once again, launch the Command Prompt and type in the following command
adb reboot recovery
- This will reboot your device into CWM recovery.
- From the Recovery, select 1) install zip from sdcard followed by 2) choose zip from sdcard.
- Next up, you will search and select the SuperSU Zip – which you have copied over to the SD card in Step 1.
- This will flash the SuperSU Zip on your phablet.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted HTC One Max!
This is how you root HTC One Max, easy isn’t it? If you have any questions about this procedure, please comment below the post below. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!