The Zopo ZP980 Captain S is a high-end Android phablet released back in September last year. The Zopo ZP990 comes with a 6-inch full HD display powered by an incredible 1.5 GHz quad-core chipset and 2 GB RAM. Although the device is packed with all high-end features and specifications, you can get it at a price of just $349 – more than 2 times cheaper than the Galaxy Note 3. Like most other Android smartphones running on the Mediatek chipset, you can also root Zopo ZP990 Captain S using the Framaroot app. If you’re interested, then read on to find out how to root Zopo ZP990 Captain S.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Zopo ZP990 Captain S
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have at least 80% battery left on the Zopo ZP990.
- Back up the Zopo ZP990.
Follow the steps below on how to root Zopo ZP990 Captain S
- Connect the Zopo ZP990 to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk ( which you have downloaded earlier on ) from your PC over to your device’s SD card.
- On your device, open the file explorer app ( either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk.
- Launch the Framaroot app on your Zopo ZP990.
- From the Select an action to execute after root section, select the Install Superuser option from the list.
- After that, select either Boromir or Faramir exploit from the next section.
- A pop-up like the one above will appear. If not, you would most probably have selected a wrong option in either step 5 or 6.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Zopo ZP990 Captain S.
A superuser app should now appear in your device’s app drawer. You’re now free to flash custom ROMs as well as install any root-only apps on the Zopo ZP990. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!