The Hyundai Q6 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Korean manufacturer Hyundai back in March this year. The Hyundai Q6 rocks a decent 5.5″ HD display powered by a 64-bit MTK6732 chipset along with 1GB of RAM. Other key spces which come along with the device include a 8GB internal storage, microSD slot, 13MP rear camera, 5MP front-facing camera, 3,300mAh battery as well as Android 4.4 KitKat running out of the box.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Hyundai Q6
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the required driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Hyundai Q6 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Hyundai Q6
- Connect the Hyundai Q6 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Hyundai Q6 smartphone.
- From the Framaroot app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Sam exploit. ( You can try Frodo or Aragorn exploit if SAM doesn’t work ).
- You should see a pop-up like the one above after you’re done.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Hyundai Q6!