The Lenovo S930 is a mid-range Android handset launched by Chinese manufacturer Lenovo back in July this year. This mid-range phablet comes with a price tag of just $160 and rocks a 6″ display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core chipset along with 1GB RAM. Other key specs include a 8GB internal storage, microSD slot, 8MP rear camera, 1.3MP front camera, 3,000mAh battery as well as Android 4.2.2 running in the background.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Lenovo S930 rather easily using the vroot program as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Lenovo S930 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Lenovo S930
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have do not so, you can download the device’s driver here.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Lenovo S930 smartphone.
- Back up your Lenovo S930 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Lenovo S930
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Lenovo S930 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Lenovo S930.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The device will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Lenovo S930!