The Doogee Turbo is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Doogee back in February early this year. The device comes with an affordable price tag of just $120, making it one of the cheapest 4-cores Android device available in the market. The Doogee Turbo rocks a 5″ HD display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor along with 1GB of RAM. Other key specs include a 8GB internal storage, microSD slot, 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera for selfies, 1,750mAh battery as well as Android 4.2 Jelly Bean running in the background which could be upgraded to KitKat by flashing a custom ROM on the device.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Doogee Turbo rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Doogee Turbo GD2014 using the vroot program.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Doogee Turbo DG2014
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have do not so, you can download the device’s driver here.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Doogee Turbo smartphone.
- Back up your Doogee Turbo smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Doogee Turbo DG2014
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Doogee Turbo to your Windows-based PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Doogee Turbo.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The device will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Doogee Turbo DG2014!