The Spice Pinnacle FHD is a mid-range Android smartphone released back in July last year, spotting a 5-inch full-HD display powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core MT6589T chipset and 1GB RAM. Coming with a price tag of just Rs 10,999, it has been one of the best selling Spice smartphone so far. Like many other Android devices running on the MT6589T processor, you can also root Spice Pinnacle FHD using the Boromir / Faramir exploit in Framaroot. In this tutorial, I will be showing you exactly how to root Spice Pinnacle FHD Mi-525 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Spice Pinnacle FHD Mi-525
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your device before you proceed.
- Back up the Spice Pinnacle FHD.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
Follow the steps below on how to root Spice Pinnacle FHD Mi-525
- Connect the Spice Pinnacle FHD to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Spice Pinnacle FHD.
- From the Framaroot app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Boromir exploit. ( Choose Faramir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work )
- A pop-up similar to the one above will appear on your screen if everything is done correctly. If not, you may want to leave a comment below so that we can help you.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Spice Pinnacle FHD Mi-525!