Indian smartphone manufacturer Spice has launched quite a few decent handsets in the past few months which include the mid-range Stellar Horizon Pro. The device comes with a 5-inch display powered by a 1 GHz dual-core Mediatek chipset and 512MB RAM – good enough for most average users. Like many other Android smartphones running on the MT6577 chipset, the Spice Stellar Horizon Pro can also be rooted using the Restore by Bin4ry program. The following tutorial will show you exactly how to root Spice Stellar Horizon Pro using the above mentioned program.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Spice Stellar Horizon Pro
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver on your PC. If you have not do so, then download the MT65XX-USB-Driver and install it on your PC. (Download link available in the first post)
- Download the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v33 file.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Developer options > check on the USB Debugging checkbox.
- Please ensure there is at least 80% battery remaining in your device.
- Back up the Spice Stellar Horizon Pro.
Follow the steps below on how to root Spice Stellar Horizon Pro
- Extract the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v33 to a folder on your desktop.
- Connect the Spice Stellar Horizon Pro to your PC.
- From the extracted folder, Run the RunMe.bat file by double-clicking on it.
- A command prompt similar to the one above will appear.
- From the command prompt, select Normal by pressing 1 and then hit Enter!
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once done, reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Spice Stellar Horizon Pro!