The Tengda Q6 is a low-end Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Tengda back in October last year. The Tengda Q6 rocks a decent 4″ display powered by a 1.0GHz dual-core chipset along with 256MB of RAM. Other key specs include a 512MB internal storage, microSD slot, 2MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, 2,600mAh battery as well as Android 4.4.2 KtKat running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphone, we can root Tengda Q6 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Tengda Q6 using the root genius program (works only on a Windows PC).
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Tengda Q6
- Download the RootGenius file to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded the necessary device driver before you proceed.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Back up the Tengda Q6.
Follow the steps below on how to root Tengda Q6
- Extract the rootgenius.zip file to a folder on your desktop.
- Inside the extracted folder, double-click on a root genius executable file to install the program on your PC.
- Connect the Tengda Q6 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Launch the RootGenius program on your PC.
- Make sure it is able to detect your device.
- Once it detected your device, click on the Root button at the bottom right.
- It will take a few minutes to root Tengda Q6.
- If everything go smoothly, you should see a success pop-up like the one above.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Tengda Q6!