The Ulefone Power is the latest affordable high-end smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Ulefone back in July this year. The Ulefone Power rocks a decent 5.5″ FHD display powered by a 1.5GHz 8-cores SoC along with 3GB of RAM. However, the main attraction for this device is none other than its 6,020mAh battery at the back – the biggest battery capacity among all smartphones so far.
Like most other Android smartphone, we can root Ulefone Power rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Ulefone Power using the root genius program (works only on a Windows PC).
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Ulefone Power
- Download the RootGenius file to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded the necessary device driver before you proceed.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Back up the Ulefone Power.
Follow the steps below on how to root Ulefone Power
- Extract the rootgenius.zip file to a folder on your desktop.
- Inside the extracted folder, double-click on a rootgenius executable file to install the program on your PC.
- Connect the Ulefone Power to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Launch the RootGenius program on your PC.
- Make sure it is able to detect your device.
- Once it detected your device, click on the Root button at the bottom right.
- It will take a few minutes to root Ulefone Power.
- If everything go smoothly, you should see a success pop-up like the one above.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Ulefone Power!