I know many of the LG Nexus 4 E960 owners would love to install custom ROMs like the CyanogenMod 10 onto their device, yet they do not know how to root the Nexus 4 to begin with. However fret not, today I have came out with a step-by-step tutorial on how to root your LG Nexus 4 within an hour. But before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well )
- Download and install the Android Software Development Kit ( Follow the steps on the website if you do not know how to set up the application ) and CF-Auto-Root onto your PC.
- Backup all you personal data just in case of any loss of data during the process.
- Extract the CF-Auto-Root-mako-occam-nexus4.zip file and save it to your desktop.
- Switch off the LG Nexus 4 and reboot it into Fastboot mode by pressing the volume down key and power button simultaneously until the screen shows up.
- Connect the LG Nexus 4 to your PC using your USB cable ( Make sure you enable USB Debugging on your device before you proceed further ).
- Execute the root-windows.bat application from the extracted file which you have saved to the desktop earlier on.
- Follow the instruction shown on your PC and hit any key to begin the rooting process.
- After the LG Nexus 4 boot into normal mode, congratulation to you have successfully rooted your device!
Simple isn’t it? Yeah, but even though it is simple, but do be very cautious during the process to ensure your device doesn’t brick by your mistake! Full credits of this procedure goes to these guys from xda-developers! However if you need any help during the process, you can also comment below this post.