The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is no doubt the best tablet in the world so far. But believe me, you can still further exploit it’s ability by installing various custom ROMs onto the tablet. However before you can start installing custom ROMs onto the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, you must first be able to understand how to root the tablet. So for those of you who have no knowledge about rooting, I’ve specially written a tutorial on how to root your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. But before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well )
*This method works only for the following models : P5100, P5110 and P5113
- Download both the Root Package and Odin. ( Save them to your desktop )
- Extract both files to your desktop.
- Launch the Odin application.
- From the program, click PDA and select CF-Auto-Root-….tar.md5.
- Turn off the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
- Reboot the tablet into download mode by pressing on the Volume Down key and Power button simultaneously for a moment.
- After the tablet boot into the download mode (make sure the repartition box is unchecked), connect it to your PC via the USB cable.
- Click on the start button on the program.
- Wait patiently for a moment …… Congratulation you’ve successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1!
- You may want to install the Jelly Bean ROM onto your tablet since it is one of the most popular ROM for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
Simple isn’t it? Yeah, but even though it is simple, but do be very cautious during the process to ensure your device doesn’t brick by your mistake! Full credits of this procedure goes to these guys from xda-developers! However if you need any help during the process, you can also comment below this post.