Earlier on we’ve just reported that the LG Optimus G will finally make it’s debut in the European markets by the end of February. So for the benefit of those who’re planning to get the Optimus G, I’ve came out with this tutorial which will guide you on how to root the LG Optimus G in less than an hour – which will then allow you to install custom ROMs and other root only apps. But before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well ). Make sure you’ve already backup your device!
*This procedure works only with a PCs running on Windows OS. Make sure you’ve installed the LG USB drivers on your PC as well.
- Download the RootOptimusG-English.rar package.
- Extract the files to your desktop.
- Enable USB Debugging on the LG Optimus G, by going to Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Enable Unknown sources on the device as well by going to Menu>>Settings>>Security.
- Connect the Optimus G to your PC using a USB cable.
- Right-click the RootOptimusG.bat that you’ve extracted, and run it as administrator.
- Hit the Y button on your keyboard and then hit enter.
- Follow the few simple steps on the program.
- Congratulation you’ve successfully rooted your LG Optimus G!
Simple isn’t it? Yeah, but even though it is simple, but do be very cautious during the process to ensure your device doesn’t brick by your mistake! Full credit of this procedure goes to these guys from xda-developers! However if you need any help or experience any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post or go directly to their support forum at xda-developers.
In the mean time, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way!