Unveiled earlier this year, the HTC One has gained much interest among the Android community. Although it’s less than 2 months old, someone from xda-developers has already found a way to root the device. So if you’re holding on to a HTC One and wants to root it – this tutorial will guide you on how to root the HTC One in less than an hour.
However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well ). Make sure you’ve already backup your device to an external sources, apart from your SD card.
*This procedure works only on a PC running on Windows OS.
- Download the Superboot r1.
- Extract all the files to your desktop.
- Switch off the HTC One.
- Press the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously for a moment, to reboot the HTC One into bootloader mode.
- Connect your device to the PC using a USB cable.
- Run the install-superboot-windows.bat file that you’ve extracted earlier on.
- Follow the steps given to complete the rooting process.
- Congratulation you’ve successfully rooted the HTC One!
- You can now install custom ROMs as well as other root-only apps onto your handset.
Simple isn’t it? Yeah, but even though it is simple, but do be very cautious during the entire process to ensure your HTC One doesn’t brick by your mistake! Full credit of this procedure goes to these guys from xda-developers! However if you need any help or experience any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post so that we’re able to help you!