Even though the Sony Xperia ZL was debuted just 2 months ago, people have already derived several methods to root the device. Like any other Android device, rooting enables you to have root access to the device so that you can install custom ROMs and other root-only apps on your device. If you happens to own the Xperia ZL, then you’re at luck – the following tutorial will guide you on how to root the Sony Xperia ZL in less than an hour. But before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well ). Make sure you’ve already backup your device to an external sources, apart from your SD card.
*This procedure works only on a PC running on Windows OS.
- Download the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v25.
- Extract all the files to your desktop.
- Enable USB Debugging on the Sony Xperia ZL, by going to Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Connect the Xperia ZL to your PC using a USB cable.
- Execute the RunMe.bat application from the extracted files.
- On the program, select the Normal Mode option.
- Select the Root option.
- Follow the few simple steps on the program.
- Congratulation you’ve successfully rooted your Sony Xperia ZL!
Simple isn’t it? Yeah, but even though it is simple, but do be very cautious during the entire process to ensure the Xperia ZL doesn’t brick by your mistake! Full credit of this procedure goes to these guys from xda-developers! However if you need any help or experience any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post so that we’re able to help you!