Last week, we’ve posted a tutorial on how to root the Sony Xperia J. Today, we’ll move on to teach you how to unroot the Sony Xperia J – which is slightly more complicated than just rooting the device itself. Similarly before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of unrooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. It’s also a good practice for you to backup your device before embarking on any of these procedures.
*This procedure works only if you’ve rooted the Sony Xperia J using this procedure. Similarly, it will only work on PCs running on Windows OS.
- Download both the Xperia J Stock ROM as well as the Flashing Tool.
- After you’ve downloaded both files, run the Flash Tool application and follow the onscreen instruction to install it on your PC.
- Look for a thunder icon and double click on it.
- Select the ‘ … ‘ option and look for the Xperia J Stock ROM that you’ve downloaded earlier on.
- Click on the OK button.
- Turn off the Xperia J.
- Connect the Xperia J to your PC using a USB cable.
- Press on the Volume Down button for a moment ( around 5 seconds ), to flash the stock ROM.
- After it’s done, reboot your device..
- Congratulation you’ve successfully unrooted your Sony Xperia J!
Simple isn’t it? Yeah, but even though it is simple, but do be very careful during the entire process to ensure your device doesn’t brick by your mistake! Full credits of this procedure goes to these guys from xda-developers ! If you need any help or experience any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can comment below this post.