The Alcatel One Touch Hero is a mid-range Android phablet spotting a 6 inches fHD display. The Alcatel One Touch Hero runs on a 1.5GHz quad-core processor with an extensive 2GB RAM. No matter how powerful the device is, we can still further exploit its hardware by overclocking its chipset etc. But before we can do so, we must first root Alcatel One Touch Hero. In this tutorial, I will be showing you guys how to root Alcatel One Touch Hero using the Kingo root program.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Alcatel One Touch Hero
- Download the Kingo program to your PC.
- Go to Settings > Developer options > check on the USB Debugging box.
- Make sure you have fully charged your device before proceeding.
- Back up the Alcatel One Touch Hero.
Follow the steps below on how to root Alcatel One Touch Hero
- Install Kingo on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once done, open the Kingo program on your PC.
- Connect the Alcatel One Touch Hero to your PC using a USB cable.
- The program will automatically install the latest driver on your PC.
- Once the neccessary driver has been installed, you should see a screen like the one above.
- Click on the root button to begin rooting Alcatel One Touch Hero.
- Once it has rooted your device, you should see a Root Succeeded message similar to the one above.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Alcatel One Touch Hero!
*To reinstate your warranty, you have to first unroot your device.