The Alcatel Pop Icon is a mid-range Android smartphone released by French manufacturer Alcatel back in September last year. The Alcatel Pop Icon rocks a decent 5″ qHD display powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core chipset along with 1GB of RAM. Other key specs which come along with the device include a 4GB internal storage, microSD slot, 5MP rear camera, 1MP front facing camera, 2,000mAh battery, Android 4.4.2 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Android tablets, we can root Alcatel Pop Icon rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Alcatel Pop Icon using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Alcatel Pop Icon
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the required driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Alcatel Pop Icon.
Follow the steps below on how to root Alcatel Pop Icon
- Connect the Alcatel Pop Icon to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Alcatel Pop Icon smartphone.
- From the Framaroot app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Sam exploit. ( You can try Frodo or Aragorn exploit if Boromir doesn’t work ).
- You should see a pop-up like the one above after you’re done.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Alcatel Pop Icon!