The Asus Fonepad Note FHD 6 was released back in November last year, and is one of the few Android phablets to be running on a Intel chipset. Thanks to alessiof89 from xda-developers, we can now root Asus Fonepad Note FHD 6 easily using Cydia Impactor. If you follow the procedure closely, the phablet can be rooted in less than an hour. Rooting will allow you to further customize your device by installing custom ROMs and recovery on it. In this tutorial, I will be guiding you on how to root Asus Fonepad Note FHD 6.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Asus Fonepad Note FHD 6
- Download the Cydia Impactor file.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Developers option > USB Debugging.
- Go to Settings > Security and check on the Unknown sources check box.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery level on your device before you begin rooting it.
Follow the steps below on how to root Asus Fonepad Note FHD 6
- Connect the Asus Fonepad Note FHD 6 to your PC using a USB cable. Your PC should be able to detect your device in less than a minute.
- Extract the Cydia Impactor file which you have downloaded earlier to a folder on your desktop.
- From the extracted folder, right-click on the Impactor.exe icon and run it as administrator.
- A pop-up window with a dropdown menu will then appear. From the dropdown menu, select the “# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su” and then click on the Start button to begin rooting. This process may take a few minutes.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Asus Fonepad Note FHD 6!
You may want to download the Root Checker app to check if your device has been successfully rooted. Don comment below this post if you encounter any problems during the process. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!