The Archos 40 Titanium is a low-end Android smartphone released by the French manufacturer, spotting a 4-inch display powered by a 1.3 GHz dual-core processor. Like many other Archos products, the Archos 40 Titanium also comes with an affordable price tag of just €99.99. Thanks to alephzain from xda-developers, we can now root Archos 40 Titanium in less than an hour using the Framaroot app. In this tutorial, I will be guiding you on how to root Archos 40 Titanium.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Archos 40 Titanium
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery level on your device before you begin rooting it.
- Back up the Archos 40 Titanium.
Follow the steps below on how to root Archos 40 Titanium
- Connect the Archos 40 Titanium to your PC.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC over to your device’s SD card ( do remember its location ).
- Go to Settings > Security > check on the Unknown Sources box.
- On your device, open the file explorer app ( we recommend either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Once done, open the Framaroot app on your Archos 40 Titanium.
- From the Select an action to execute after root section, select Install Superuser.
- From the Select an exploit section, select Boromir ( if it doesn’t work, then try Faramir instead ).
- You should receive a success pop-up notification once everything is done correctly.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Archos 40 Titanium!
- Go to your app drawer and check if there is a Superuser app.