The Cubot S108 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Cubot earlier this month. The Cubot S108 sports a 4.5-inch qHD display powered by a 1.3GHz MT6582 chipset along with 1GB RAM. The device runs on the stock Android 4.2 Jelly Bean firmware and comes with an unlocked bootloader – making it easy to get rooted.
In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Cubot S108 easily using the vroot program. Follow the tutorial closely and you should be able to root Cubot S108 in just a few minutes time.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Cubot S108
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Cubot S108 smartphone.
- Back up your Cubot S108 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Cubot S108
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Cubot S108 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Cubot S108.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The device will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Cubot S108!
Now, you’re free to install custom ROMs as well as recovery on the Cubot S108. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!