The Cubot S168 is another sub $100 Android smartphone released by Cubot back in September this year. The device sports a 5″ qHD display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core chipset along with 1GB of RAM. Other key specs which come with the device include a 8GB internal storage, microSD slot, 8MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, 1,900mAh battery as well as Android 4.4 Kitkat running in the background.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Cubot S168 rather easily using the vroot program as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Cubot S168 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Cubot S168
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have do not so, you can download the device’s driver here.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Cubot S168 smartphone.
- Back up your Cubot S168 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Cubot S168
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Cubot S168 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.6
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Cubot S168.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device
- The device will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Cubot S168!