The Cubot X12 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Cubot back in March this year. The Cubot X12 rocks a decent 5″ qHD display powered by a 1GHz quad-core chipset along with 1GB of RAM. Other key specs which come along with the device include a 8GB internal storage, microSD slot, 8MP rear camera, 5MP front-facing camera, 2,200mAh battery as well as Android 5.1 running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Cubot X12 rather easily using the vroot program. In the following tutorial, i will be guiding you guys on how to root Cubot X12 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Cubot X12
- Download the Towelroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Cubot X12 smartphone to your Google account.
Follow the steps below on how to root Cubot X12
- Connect your to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Towelroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Towelroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Towelroot app and tap on the “Make it ra1n” button to begin rooting your device.
- After awhile your device should reboot itself.
- Now, head down to the Play store and install the SuperSU app for your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Cubot X12!