The Doogee GD550 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Doogee back in July this year. The Doogee GD550 rocks a 5.5″ HD display powered by a 1.7GHz octa-core processor along with 1GB RAM. Other key specs which come with the device include a 16GB internal storage, microSD slot, 13MP rear camera, 3MP front camera, 2,600mAh battery as well as Android 4.2 running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Doogee GD550 rather easily using the Framaroot app as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Doogee GD550 using a one-click-root app called Framaroot.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Doogee GD550
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery remaining on your Doogee GD550.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Doogee GD550.
Follow the steps below on how to root Doogee GD550
- Connect the Doogee GD550 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your tablet’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Doogee GD550 and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Doogee GD550.
- You should be able to see a pop-up like the one above once the program has rooted your device. The process normally takes less than a minute to complete.
- Finally, reboot your device immediately.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Doogee GD550!